This simple yet classic appetizer from the Mediterranean region of Europe could help you stand out at a family meal. Best part is, all the main ingredients are easily available in Goa. Here’s my twisted version of the famous watermelon feta cheese salad with a Goan touch. Enjoy!!
Watermelon – 300gm
Kokum skins – 4no.
Coriander chopped – 2tbsp
Feta cheese – 30gm
Almond flakes – 1tbsp
Red wine vinegar – 2tbsp
Olive oil – 3tbsp
Salt & pepper – to taste
1. Prepare your mise en place by collecting all your ingredients.
2. For the dressing, start by first whisking together the red wine vinegar, olive oil, salt & pepper.
3. Slice the kokum into thin juliennes & keep aside.
4. Cut the watermelon into bite size cubes. Add in the kokum, coriander & half of the almond flakes. Drizzle the dressing on the salad, & give it a good toss.
5. Finally plate it out & garnish with the rest of the almond flakes, kokum juliennes & broken feta..