Quick, simple & easy. My version of a crisp, warm apple strudel, which can be made in an hour!! Best part, all it needs is just 5 ingredients & 20 minutes of baking. Another tip, you could use normal apples & not precisely the most expensive ones. I am sure you will love it..
Apple – 6 no.
Cinnamon powder – ½tsp
Brown sugar – 100gm
Walnuts – 40gm
Puff pastry – 250gm
Egg – 1no. for egg wash
1) Begin by first collecting all your ingredients or in other words, with your mise en place.
2) Peel the apples & chop them into 2 cm cubes. Soak them in water with some salt. This will help prevent oxidation which causes the apples to go black.
3) Combine the chopped apples, brown sugar & cinnamon powder. Add the mix to a pan & cook it on a medium flame, stirring often till 80% of the moisture has evaporated. This will take approximately 15 minutes. Once done, add in the chopped walnuts.
4) Roll out your puff pastry dough on a lightly floured table to about 1/2cm thick. Once cooled, place the stuffing on one side of the dough & roll to form a tight cylinder. Seal the edges of the roll with egg. Score the roll with a sharp knife, brush the top with egg wash & bake in a pree heated oven at 220 degrees celsius for about 15 min. or till golden brown.
5) Once done, let the strudel rest for about 10 min. slice into desired thick roundels & serve with vanilla ice-cream!!