It’s getting a bit nippy, a good time to enjoy some warm soup. Here’s a French potage made with broccoli, best enjoyed in coffee cup.
Broccoli – 200gm
Garlic – 20gm
Onion – 30gm
Parsley – 30gm
Bayleaf – 2no.
Crushed pepper – 1/4th tsp
Cream – 2 tbsp
Water – 2 cups
Olive oil – 2 tbsp
Celery – 10gms
1) Start the recipe by collecting your ‘mise en place’.
2) Prep the vegetables. Chop the broccoli, garlic, onion and parsley.
3) Place a sauce pan over medium heat & add in the Olive oil. once hot, add all the chopped vegetables & sauté till the onions get translucent.
4) Add in the spices and water. Add salt & pepper to taste, bring to a boil & cook for about 10 min . Add the cream and turn off the gas. Blend the soup using a stick blender. This will create a froth.
5) Pour the soup in a cup topped with foam. Add a pinch of pepper on the foam. Voila.. Your cappuccino is ready!!