This innovative dish is my creation for Cafe De Goa at Calangute. It’s a lighter version of a savoury waffle, which is high on flavour, easy on the tummy with a right balance of proteins, greens and carbs.
Boiled Potato – 1 no.
Flour – 1tbsp
Egg – 2 no.
Spinach – 1 bunch
Nutmeg – 1 pinch
Ham – 1 slice
Mixed lettuce – ½ handful
Vinaigrette dressing – 1tbsp
1) Begin the recipe by collecting your ‘Mise en place’.
2) Peel and grate the boiled potato in a bowl. Add in the flour, 1 egg, salt and some pepper. Grease the waffle iron and pour in the batter & let it cook till golden brown.
3) Chop the spinach into juliennes and sauté over a slow flame. Add in the nutmeg, a pinch of salt & take off the heat.
4) Fry the egg, sunny side up. Add the lettuce to a bowl and drizzle with the vinaigrette. Toss well.
5) Finally assemble the potato waffle on a plate, topped with the wilted spinach, ham, fried egg topped with the salad.