When mutton is treated delicately and cooked in a European way, it brings out the simplicity and rustic flavours of the protien. Try this simplified dish inspired by Saligao Stories located at Saligao
Lamb Chops – 200gms ( 4chops )
Rosemary – 2-3 sprigs
Demi Glacé – 200 ml
Red Wine – 100 ml
Salt – to taste
Pepper – to taste
1) Begin your recipe by first collecting your ingredients. This is called ‘mise en place’
2) Wash & pat dry the chops using a paper towel. Season the chops with salt & crushed pepper, the 2 stalks of rosemary & 1tsp of Demi Glacé
3) Add olive oil in a hot pan and sear the chops well on both sides till all the juices are trapped within the meat. Flambé with half the red wine. And put in the oven at 180* Celsius for 15 mins
4) In another pan add the remaining demi glacé and red wine. Allow to simmer & reduce by ¼ . Add a good pinch of crushed pepper & a smoked stalk of rosemary. Salt if required.
5) Once the chops are cooked, take them out of the oven. Toss in the sauce before serving on a bed of mash potato. Enjoy!!