Cafreal is one of the most loved dishes in Goa. Here’s a quick version of the recipe served at O’ Coqueiro in Porvorim
Chicken – Half chicken
Ginger – 1tbsp
Garlic – 2 tbsp
Green chili – 4no.
Bancal sauce – 3 tsp
Ketchup – 2 tsp
Black pepper – to taste
Turmeric – 1/2 tsp
Salt – to taste
- Begin the recipe by collecting your Mise en place.
- Prepare the marinade by grinding together the ginger, garlic, green chilli, bankal sauce, ketchup, black pepper, salt & turmeric. Remove from the grinder once you get a smooth paste.
- Marinade the chicken with the masala mix for about half an Hour.
- Slow cook the chicken in a Frying pan using a tea spoon of oil. Cook till the chicken is cooked.
- Serve the Cafreal chicken with veggies & fries!!