This Chicken gourmet dish surely has a wow factor with its plating and European flavours, but it’s not really as complex as it seems. Try it at home with our local produce, inspired by Arthur’s Theme of Candolim.
Chicken breast – 1 no.
Button mushroom – 6 no.
Bell peppers – 1/2 no. (Each color)
Garlic – 6 cloves
Worcestershire sauce – 2 tsp
Dark soy – 2 tsp
Flur – for rolling
Oil – for frying
Salt & pepper – to taste
- Begin by collecting your mise en place.
- Using a mallet, or meat hammer, flatten the chicken breast evenly upto about 1/2cm thick. A trick would be to use a sheet of plastic over the breast of chicken. This will prevent it from braking.
- For the stuffing, add some oil to a pan and place over medium heat. Slice the bell peppers, mushrooms & chop the garlic. Add it to the pan & sauté till cooked. Add in the Worcestershire sauce & dark soy, give it a good mix and take off the pan & cool.
- Once the stuffing is cool, place it in the center of the flattened chicken breast & roll to form a tight cigar. Rest for about an hour & season. Once the stuffed breast is rested, dust evenly in flour & deep fry in oil till cooked.
- Serve with a creamy pepper sauce & potato croquettes..