One of my favourite Goan ingredients is Choriso. I like to play with it in various ways and find it really versatile. Here is a quick and easy recipe of a crunchy snack packed with flavours and enjoyable to the Goan palate.
Goan chorizo – 100gm
Onion – 1 no
Capsicum – ½ no.
Yellow pepper – ½ no.
Garlic chopped – 1tbsp
Puff dough – 200 gm
Egg – ½ no
1) Collect all your ingredients before you start. This is called mise en place.
2) Begin by slicing your capsicum, yellow pepper & onion. Once done, add s dash of oil to a pan & let it heat. Add in the garlic, choriso, onion & peppers all together. Sauté for about 10 minutes. If the mixture gets too dry or starts to burn, add in some water and continue to sauté till an even caramelization is achieved. Take the pan off the heat & let the mixture cool.
3) Remove the dough from your freezer & let it get to room temperature on a well flour dusted table. Once room temperature, dust with flour & roll till your dough is about 7mm thick. Place your filling at one end & start to roll.
4) Roll till you get a tight & evenly shaped cylinder. Cut the extra dough. Make sure you do not overlap the dough too much as it would make the puff very doughy. Beat your whole egg 7 with a brush, apply egg wash at the ends to seal the pasty. Transfer the roll to a baking pan dusted with flour. Make gashes on the top to release steam.
5) Bake in a pree heated oven at 210*c for about 10 to 12 min. or till golden brown. Voila!!