I’m sure everyone has tried The Classic Caesar salad. With an even balance of proteins, carbs & minerals, it surely makes a well-balanced dish. The Classic Caesar salad is made only from Romaine lettuce & can be served along with grilled chicken too. Try my simple recipe out & let me know what you think!!
Mayonnaise – 100gm
Garlic (chopped) – 6 cloves
Anchovy (minced) – 5no. (Optional)
Grated Parmesan cheese – 5tsp
Worcestershire sauce – 1tsp
Dijon or French mustard – 1tsp
Lemon juice – 1tsp
Olive oil – 3tbsp
Romaine lettuce – 10 leaves
Slice Bread slices – 2no.
Salt & Pepper – to taste
1) Cut the slice bread into cubes. Drizzle with some olive oil & chopped garlic. Give it a toss & pop it into the oven at 180*C for about 10 min. mixing it often so it gets evenly toasted.
2) Wash & dry the romaine lettuce. Roughly break the romaine lettuce into bite size pieces using your hands only.
3) For the dressing. In a large bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, chopped garlic, anchovy’s, parmesan cheese, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, lemon juice & olive oil. Mix well & add salt & pepper to taste.
4) A little trick to help improve the overall look. Using a vegetable peeler, peel some shavings of parmesan cheese. Make sure your block of cheese is cold. That’s the best time to get the shavings.
5) Assemble the salad in a plate first with the broken romaine lettuce, drizzled with the Caesar salad dressing. Sprinkle the crisp croutons evenly & finish off with the parmesan cheese flakes foe a perfect plating!!