There’s nothing as comforting as macaroni and cheese together, but with a healthy twist of fresh ingredients, one can raise the bar quite high in Gourmet flavour standards. Try my version of this salad with a burst of light flavours and freshness.
Macaroni – 100gm (or any other shape of your choice)
Red bell pepper (chopped) – ½ no.
Celery (chopped) – 3 ribs
Cheddar cheese – 100gm
Onion (chopped) – ½ no.
Mayonnaise – 2 tbsp
Powder sugar – ½ tsp
Apple cider vinegar – 2 tbsp
Pepper – ½ tsp
Salt – to taste
1) Begin by first collecting all your ingredients.
2) Add about 1lt of water to a pot with some salt & bring to a boil. Once the water boils, add in the pasta & cook till done. Once done, strain the pasta & drizzle with a spoon of olive oil. Give it a toss & let it cool. This will prevent the pasta from sticking.
3) Chop all the vegetables & mix it into the cooled pasta.
4) For the dressing, combine the mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar & pepper in a bowl. Give it a good mix & its ready.
5) Finally drizzle the dressing over the pasta, toss it & voila.. it’s ready!!