Here’s a recipe from my trip to Macau where I was invited to cook for the Lusofonia festival, where I specifically elevated local Goan favours and ingredients to Global gourmet dining.
Dry prawns – 1/2 cup
Ginger garlic paste – 1tsp
Onion chopped – 1 no.
Carrot – 1 no.
Pumpkin – 100gm
Coconut milk – 1 cup
Water 1 cup
Turmeric – 1tsp
Dhanya powder – 1tsp
Olive oil – 2tsp
Salt – To taste
1) Begin the recipe by collecting all the ingredients. This is called ‘Mise en place’.
2) Chop the Onion, carrot & pumpkin. Sautey the chopped vegetables some oil in a pot with the ginger garlic paste. Add in the turmeric & dhanya powder. Cook till oil separates.
3) Add in the coconut milk & water. Reduce till half. Once the vegetables are cooked, blend to a creamy paste. Add in some more water to desired consistency.
4) Rost the dried prawns on a dry pan. Add the roasted prawns to the soup & season with salt.
5) Serve hot & garnish with chopped coriander.