A classic English breakfast that is sure to impress when done correctly. If you want to taste the flavours of my signature version, you can try it at Cafe De Goa in Calangute.
English muffin – 1 no.
Eggs – 2 no.
Mushrooms – 4 no.
Spinach – 1 bunch
Ham – 1 slice
For the Hollandaise sauce:
Egg yolks – 2no.
Butter – ¼ cup
Lemon juice – ½ no.
Salt – to taste
Pepper – to taste
1) Begin the recipe by collecting your ‘Mise en place’.
2) For the Hollandaise dressing, blend together the egg yolks, butter, lemon juice, salt & pepper.
3) Sauté the chopped mushroom n spinach in some olive oil and leave aside.
4) Poaching the eggs may be a little tricky, but after a few times you will surely get it right. Bring a pot of water to boil. Once boiling, reduce flame to let the water simmer. Add in a teaspoon of vinegar. Slowly break your eggs into the center of the pot & let the egg poach. Strain the eggs using a slotted spoon.
5) Assemble the dish beginning by cutting the English muffin into 2 & toasting it a bit. Top the muffins with the sautéed spinach & mushrooms followed by a half a slice of ham on each muffin, then topped with the poached egg & drizzled with hollandaise sauce.