Try out this Italian pasta, ‘fusilli’ or screw shaped pasta in a tomato based tuna sauce with pickled olives. You can also use whole wheat pasta which is a healthier option.
Whole wheat Fusilli – 200gm
Ripe tomato – 400gm
Garlic – 20gm
Canned tuna – 100gm
pickled Olives – 12 no.
Red chilli – 2no.
Olive oil – 40ml
Basil – 5 leaves
Parmesan cheese – as required
Salt & Pepper – to taste
1) Begin the recipe by collecting your ingredients or ‘mise en place’
2) Blanch the tomatoes in boiling water for about 20 seconds or till you can see the skin starting to peel off. Remove & soak in a bowl of ice water. Peel the skin off, remove the seeds & roughly chop them & keep aside. Chop the chilli, garlic & basil too.
3) Boil a litter of water in a pot & add a table spoon of salt to it. Add in the pasta & cook till done Al Dante or as mentioned on the instructions on the pack. Strain and drizzle with some olive oil. toss the pasta to coat the oil evenly. this will help prevent the pasta from sticking to each other.
4) Finally prepare the sauce!! To a non stick pan, add about 40ml of olive oil, the chopped garlic & chopped chilli. Place the pan over a medium heat so that the flavours of the garlic & chilli get infused into the oil. Add in the chopped peeled & de-seeded tomatoes. cook to about 15 minutes. In case the sauce gets dry add in some of the pasta water, stirring occasionally. Add in the chopped basil & pickled olives & turn off the gas. Add in the tuna & pasta & mix well till all the pasta is evenly coated with the sauce.
5) Serve hot with some basil & Parmesan cheese!! Enjoy..