I have been asked to include color and raw foods in my daily diet by our nutritionist, Gilroy at The Goan Foodie. Here’s a recipe of Gazpacho, a chilled soup that’s not only refreshing on a warm day but its also packed with good nutrition and perfect for Shravan.
Tomato – 3no.
Capsicum – ½ no.
Yellow pepper – ½ no.
Cucumber – 1 whole
Onion – ½ no.
Garlic – 2 tbsp
Vinegar – 3 tbsp
Olive oil – 4 tbsp
Salt & black pepper – to taste
- Collect your mise en place i.e. you ingredients before you start.
- Roughly chop up the tomatoes, capsicum, yellow pepper, cucumber & onion.
- Then transfer all the vegetables including the garlic to a juicer.
- Add in the vinegar, olive oil, salt & pepper & blend for about a minute or till you get an even smooth creamy soup.
- Chill the soup for an hour before serving & serve with a slice of bread!!