I stumbled upon a block of ready to use puff pastry dough, now available in a few supermarkets. Although versatile, the puff pastry dough is simple to use with the right technique. So this week, I made a Goan Choriso stuffing, stuffed into puff pastry & baked it..as simple as that!!
Goan Choriso – 250gm
Onion – 1no.
Oil – 2tsp
Puff pastry dough – 200gm
- Slice the onion & chop the Choriso. Remember to remove the string & casing from the Choriso.
- Heat the oil in a pan, & sauté the Choris for about 5 min. Add some water if the Choriso tends to stick to the pan. Finally add in the sliced onion, give it a quick stir & take off the gas.
- Lightly dust some flour on the surface before you begin rolling the puff dough. Remember, you are trying to make it evenly thin.
- Once done, using a sharp knife, cut the dough into strips on either sides & place the stuffing in the center. Slowly cover it entirely, using a little dab of water to make the two ends stick like shown in the picture.
- Bake in a pre heated oven at 250*c for 8-10 min or till golden brown. Enjoy a crunchy crispy and wholesome snack!!