Pork chops – 300gm
Olive oil – 3tbsp
Button mushrooms – 100gm
Garlic – 2tsp (minced)
Oregano – 1tsp
Crushed black pepper – 1tsp
Salt – to taste
Almond flakes – 1tbsp
1) As always, collect your mise en place before you start your recipe. This way you will know if you have forgotten anything.
2) Prepare a rub with the salt, pepper, garlic, oil & oregano. Gently coat each chop evenly with the marinade & let it rest for about 15 min.
3) Heat a pan or hot plate. To one side of the hot plate, sauté the mushrooms with some olive oil. Once half cooked, add in the remaining garlic. The reason why add the garlic late is to taste the garlic in the mushrooms. Finish with salt & crushed pepper. Finally add the pork chops to the hot plate. Grill on each side for about 4 min each to get an even caramelization. Once done, take the chops off the pan & rest it for about 3 min.this will trap all the juices inside & prevent the chop from turning dry.
4) Prepare a quick salad with some broken lettuce, cherry tomatoes & drizzle with olive oil. Garnish with some almond flakes.
5) Finally to plate the dish!! Start with the mushrooms, salad & pork chops. Spoon the drippings back on to the pork chops. Sprinkle some more almond flakes & serve.