A simple but renowned Italian salad. The secret to a good caprese lies totally in the quality of fresh buffalo mozzarella cheese. The softer & fresher, the better. It’s amazing how just a few simple ingredients can churn such a delicious delicate salad.
Fresh Buffalo Mozzarella – 100gm
Ripe tomato – 2 no.
Basil Leaves – 6 no.
Balsamic vinegar – 2 tbsp
Extra virgin olive oil – 3 tbsp
Black sea salt – To taste
Crushed Pepper – To taste
1) Collect your mise en place before you start so you have all your ingredients to start.
2) Slice the tomatoes into roundels & likewise with the mozzarella, & leave aside.
3) For the dressing, combine the olive oil & balsamic vinegar in a bowl. Wisk till you get a smooth emulation.
4) Layer like in the picture from a slice of tomato at the bottom, a slice of mozzarella in the middle to a leaf of basil on the top.
5) Follow the order & you could plate it however you like!! Drizzle with the balsamic dressing & sprinkle with sea salt & pepper. Voila!!
Note: You could also try by soaking the tomato slices in the olive oil for an hour before preparation.