Calamari – 200gm
Lime Juice – ½ no.
Salt & pepper – to taste
Flour – 50gm
Oil – for frying
For the sauce
Mayonnaise – 2tbsp
Black olive – 4no.
Green olive – 4no
Pickled gherkins – 2no.
1) Wash clean and dry the calamari. Slice each calamari into roundels about ½ cm thick. Leave the heads as they are, taking off the beak. Once sliced, leave the calamari in a strainer for 10 min. to remove all access water. Marinate the calamari with lime juice, salt & pepper & leave aside for 15 min.
2) For the sauce. Chop the gherkins, black & green olives. Add it to the mayonnaise & give it a good mix. Our tartar sauce is ready.
3) Take the marinated calamari on a large plate, add some flour. To it add the calamari, & toss well so that the flour coats the calamari well and is not sticky but light & fluffy.
4) Heat oil in a wok. Dust off extra flour from the calamari & deep fry in the wok till light golden. Strain on a kitchen towel to remove any excess oil.
5) Serve with the tartar sauce, some parsley & lime wedges. Enjoy!!!