Duck is a protein that can uplift a fresh salad or to be enjoyed as a one pot meal. Try out my oriental version, also available at Cafe De Goa
Roasted Duck – 100gm
Carrot grated – ½ no
Dried red chilli – 1no
Iceberg lettuce – 75gm
Bean sprouts – 20gm
Spring onions thinly sliced – no
Coriander leaves – 2 tsp
Flaked almonds – 10gm
Roasted sesame – for garnish
For the dressing:
Finely grated fresh ginger – 1tsp
Garlic cloves, finely chopped – 2no
Fresh lime juice – 60ml
Sesame oil – 1tsp
Tamari sauce – 1tbsp
Honey – 1/4tsp
1) Begin the recipe by collecting your ‘Mise en place’.
2) Marinate the duck with salt & pepper & roast in a pre heated oven until cooked. Cool shred and leave aside.
3) Break the lettuce leaves into a bowl. Add in the sprouts, carrot, almond flakes, coriander and spring onions. Toss well and add in the roast duck.
4) For the dressing mix together the ginger, garlic, lime juice, sesame oil, honey & tamarind sauce. Blend together & frizzle over salad.
5) Toss the salad well and sprinkle with roasted sesame. Voila