The best way to start your day is to have a whole hearty breakfast. I love my breakfast & hence try not to repeat my options through the week. This week my secret recipe, light & fluffy pancakes with a homemade strawberry sauce.. Too good to be true!!
Flour – 5tbsp
Egg – 1no.
Maple syrup – to taste
Salt – a pinch
Baking powder – ¼ tsp
Vanilla essence – 2 drops
Strawberry – 100gm
Orange juice – 100ml
Mint – 5 leaves
Sugar – for dusting
1) Begin by collecting all your ingredients. Mise en place.
2) To a bowl, add the four, egg, salt, baking powder, vanilla essence & milk. Whisk it to form a smooth batter. Once this is done, leave it aside.
3) For the sauce, add the strawberries, orange juice, a dash of water & the mint leaves. Place it over a medium flame & let the strawberries stew for about 10 to 15 min. once you achieve a thick syrupy consistency, take off the heat & cool.
4) To cook the pancakes, pour equal quantities of the batter onto a hot plate or pan. Cook for about 1 min on each side & remove. Repeat the step to get as many pancakes desired.
5) Plate by putting a spoon of the strawberry sauce between each layer topped with a dusting of powdered sugar & a drizzle of maple syrup!!