Although the name sound from outer space, the ingredients used are quite commonly found in our local markets. Mexican cuisine is the ultimate comfort food and you could mix & match the ingredients to create your own version. Here’s my version, try it & see for yourself!
Flour Tortillas – 4no.
Chicken breast – ½ no.
Paprika – ½ tsp
Portobello mushrooms – 1 no.
Spinach – one handful
Sweet corn – 5tbsp
Garlic – 4 cloves chopped
Mozzarella cheese – 30gm
Chilli flakes – 1tbsp
Peanut oil – 3tbsp
Salt & pepper – to taste
1) Prepare you mise en place, first by collecting all your ingredients & having it ready for use.
2) With a sharp knife, fillet the chicken breast into a butterfly, & marinate with a tea spoon of oil, paprika, salt & pepper. Since it’s a thin cut, the chicken would marinade in under 15 min. Grill the chicken on a non-stick pan for 3 to 4 min. on either side till juicy & moist. Remove from the heat & shred the chicken breast to bite size pieces.
3) In the same pan, add the rest of the oil. Add in the chopped garlic, mushrooms spinach, sweet corn & chilli flakes. Give it a quick stir & cook till spinach is wilted i.e. for about 4 min. on high flame. Season with salt & pepper.
4) Finally on a flat pan or a chapatti pan, make a sandwich using your tortillas, starting with your tortilla base, followed with your spinach & mushroom filling, topped with the paprika chicken & last but not the least, grated mozzarella & cover with the second tortilla. Use a tea spoon of pea nut oil to give the tortilla a beautiful golden colour.
5) Cut & serve as soon as the cheese melts!!