When you are short of time and want to cook a gourmet dish in minutes, this recipe made with common ingredients should do the trick.
Chicken leg boneless – 1no.
Reachado masala – 3tbsp
Lime juice – 1/2 no.
Kale – 1 leaf
Asparagus – 3 no.
Rocket lettuce – 20gm
Cherry tomato – 3 no.
Vinaigrette dressing – 2tsp
Boiled Egg – 1/4 no.
Salt & Pepper – To taste
1) Begin the recipe by collecting your ingredients or ‘mise en place’
2) Wash and Pat dry the boneless chicken legs. Rub in the salt & pepper and rest the chicken for about 10 min.
3) Place the kale & asparagus in the center length wise & roll the chicken leg tightly. Truss the leg using a cotton string or kitchen twine. tie it tight so that the chicken leg doesn’t open while cooking.
4) Baste the chicken with the reachado masala on all sides. Grill the rolled chicken leg in a pan with some oil over medium heat, turning often so that the masala doesn’t burn.
5) Finally for the plating. Mix the rocket lettuce & cherry tomatoes in a bowl. add in the dressing & toss well. Position the salad on the plate. Remove the string from the chicken leg. Using a sharp knife, slice the rolled leg into roundels. Serve with a spoon of cooked masala from the pan & drizzle with lime juice!!