With the whole of Goa looking so fresh & green, there’s nothing better than a good home-made jam, smeared on a crisp warm sweet bun with a hot cup of tea in this beautiful rainy weather. I thought of sharing one of my best kept secret recipes.. Granny smith green apple jam, with a hint of black sea salt..
Granny Smith apples – 7no.
Sugar – 2 cups
Demerara sugar (brown) – 1/2 cup
Cinnamon powder – 3/4 tsp
Black sea salt – 1/4 tsp
Lime juice – 1no.
- Mise en place, the first thing before your recipe. Collect all your ingredients & have it ready.
- Peel 6 green apples, chop them & keep in water with salt. This will prevent the apples from oxidation, thus becoming black.
- With the 7th apple, cut it with the peel on, & finely slice it. This will give a little texture to the jam.
- In a deep sauce pan, combine all the ingredients. On a low flame, let the apples sweat. You will notice a lot of water getting released from the apples. Let it continue cooking for about 30min. Finally using a wooden spoon, mash the large pieces of apple & cool.
- Serve on a slice of toasted bread & enjoy!!