A good way to satisfy the cravings of hot grilled food in this rainy weather would be to have classic sirloin steak. Here’s the recipe in 5 easy steps, inspired by Ignia located at Verna.
Beef sirloin steak – 200gm
Crushed pepper – 1 tbsp
Chopped garlic – 2tbsp
Cayenne pepper powder – 1tbsp
Butter – 1 tbsp
Chopped Parsley – 1 tsp
Button mushrooms – 30gm
Rosemary – few sprigs
Worcestershire sauce – 2 tbsp
Red Wine – 30ml
Demi-glaze (brown sauce) – 4 tbsp
- Begin by collecting your ‘mise en place’.
- Marinate the steak with half the amounts of crashed pepper, garlic, cayenne pepper, salt & Worcestershire sauce. Mix evenly & rest the steak for about 10 min.
- Sear all sides of the steak on a lightly greased grill & slow cook till done. Once done take the steak off the grill & rest for about 10 min before plating.
- For the sauce, place your pan on a medium flame. Start by melting the butter & add in the remaining chopped garlic. Sauté till the butter is infused with garlic add in the chopped mushrooms, pepper, cayenne pepper powder & a dash of wine. Reduce till half & add in the demi-glaze & season with salt.
- Finally for the plating, place the steak over a scoop of mash potato topped with the mushroom sauce, garnish with rosemary sprigs.. Voila!!