Plenty of fresh peaches are available in the market. Since we do not get the sweetest peaches in Goa, today’s recipe can be a great way of fulfilling your peach cravings, a fresh fruity desert with just a few simple ingredients. An all time favorite of mine and Europeans who even eat it for breakfast. Simple, sweet and exciting..
Water – 500ml
Sugar – 200gm
Cinnamon – 1 stick
Cloves – 6 no.
Star anise – 1 no.
Peaches – 4 no.
Honey – 1tbsp
Vanilla ice cream – 1 scoop
1) Combine the water & sugar in a sauce pan over high heat.
2) Add in the cinnamon, star anise & cloves. Stir the mixture till the solution boils. Reduce heat & keep simmering till syrupy.
3) Split the peaches, peel & remove the seed. Add in the peaches to the sugar syrup & cook for about 8 – 10 minutes or till slightly soft.
4) Remove the cooked peaches using a slotted spoon & cool in a refrigerator.
5) Slice & serve with a scoop of ice cream & a drizzle of honey.
Note: Stewed peaches could be stored this way up to 3 months!!