Sweet potato – 2 no.
Milk – ½ lt.
Vermicelli – 100gm
Ghee – 2tbsp
Sugar – 5 tbsp
Cardamom powder – ½ tsp
Cashew nuts – 3 tbsp
Almonds – 3 tbsp (chopped
1) Start the dish by first collecting your Mise en place.
2) Boil the sweet potato in a pot of water with some salt. Cook till the potatoes are done. You can check using a fork. Once done, cool & peel the skin off. Smash the sweet potato roughly & keep aside.
3) Add the ghee to a wok or kadai. Add in the vermicelli & roast it for a bit to extract all the flavours. Add in the dry fruits & keep aside.
4) Pour the milk in a pot & place it on the stove. Bring the milk to a boil. Add in the sugar, green cardamom powder & the vermicelli & nut mixture. Keep stirring for a few minutes. You will notice the mixture getting thick. At this point take it off the gas & add in the sweet potato.
5) Serve cold or hot.. your choice!!