Red snapper or ‘Tamso’ is a popular fish here in Goa and good with in absorbing flavors, Try this lip smaking Tandoori preperation inspired by Baywatch of Sernabathim
Chilli paste – 2 tsp
Ajwine – 1/4 tsp
Black salt – 1/4 tsp
Chaat masala – for dusting
Salt – to taste
Chilli powder – 2 tsp
Kasturi methi – 1 tsp
Mustard oil – 2 tsp
Lime juice – 1 tbsp
Ginger garlic – 1 tbsp
yogurt – 4 tbsp
- Begin the recipe by collecting your ‘mise en place’
- Wash & scale the fish under running water. Then pat dry the red snapper using a paper towel. Using a sharp knife, score the fish to create a flap. This helps speed up the process of marination.
- To prepare the Marinade, in a large bowl, combine the chilli paste, ajwine, black salt,chilli powder,kasturi methi, mustard oil, lime juice, ginger & garlic paste & yoghurt. Blend together well & season with salt. Rub this marinade evenly over the red snapper, making sure it gets into every slice of the fish.
- Cooking in a tandoor over red hot coal on a steel skewer for a out 4 min. on each side.
- Finally brush with some butter & dust with some chaat masala. Serve with a salad!!