Tuna flakes in oil – 50 gm
Onion – ¼ no.
Lettuce – 50 gm
Cherry tomato – 5 no
Black olives – 5 no.
Capers – 10 no
Olive oil – 2 tbsp
Oregano – ¼ tsp
Salt & black pepper – to taste
1) Begin by firstly collecting all your ingredients, or mise en place.
2) Cut your lettuce into bite size pieces. Wash in cold water & strain till all the water gets out.
3) In a bowl, combine the lettuce, olives, cherry tomatoes, capers & oregano. Add in the tuna, balsamic vinegar, olive oil & seasoning, & give it a good mix.
4) Slice your onion into thin roundels. Go as thin as you can. This will add a bit of texture to your dish.
5) Finally plate the salad followed by the onion rings on top. Cool & serve!